Saturday, December 15, 2007

Waiting for the Snow Storm

A big storm is heading our way! The snow is predicted to start later today, with a couple of inches over night, but the bulk of the snow hitting Sunday during the day. We're stocked up on bread and milk and are ready to wait this one out. I only hope the electricity stays on. Otherwise we'll be trudging out to the wood pile for logs to keep the fireplace going and listening to the Bills game on the emergency radio.

The last of my Christmas cards are in the mailbox, waiting to be picked up. I have most of our gifts already, just need a few more. I should probably start wrapping, too!

The Sabres won again last night, a 5-3 victory over the Capitals. The Blackhawks are in town tonight, with rookie Patrick Kane's first trip back home generating a lot of buzz. We'll be a the fire company's Christmas party tonight but I'm sure they'll have the game on the TV.

I'm researching switching our electricity supplier to an ESCO - Energy Service Company. It seems we'd be able to save about 5% on the supply costs, plus we'd be exempt from some of the taxes. In all, savings of maybe $50-$100 a year, at no cost other than some of my time.

No comments: